Our client is seeking an UDB/DB2 Database Administrator in Tampa, Florida.
Job Duties are –
- Perform routine UDB/DB2Database Administration during all phases of development, system test and production cycles.
- Tasks include database design, creation, maintenance, backup/recover, and performance tuning.
- Design data models that span across multiple databases in the enterprise.
- Architect efficient and low-cost solutions for enterprise scale complex environments
- Actively participate in planning and implementation of Disaster Recovery (DRP) and Business Continuity (BCP) planning.
- Perform risk analysis on projects in relation to the data administrative activities
- Enforce DBA Homeroom Best Practice policies and procedures and report on areas that need to be improved upon.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on enterprise support systems that are being considered by the company to be purchased from solution providers.
- Evaluate systems and solutions gained via acquisitions
- Participate in planning and implementation of integration projects and data migration for various internal and external OSS
- Participate in generating and responding to RFP’s
- Evaluate data administration impacting technologies such as SAN, NAS and backup storage
- Provide hands-on training to entry level and junior DBA.
- Organize, install, and assess enterprise relational database management system (RDBMS) software across multiple database environments.
- Troubleshoot UDB/DB2 RDBMS running on Unix platforms while complying with ISO9000 guidelines and specific DBA Homeroom best practices.
- Create, track and report metrics for capacity planning. Analyze current capacity and provide recommendations. Participate with database capacity planning, benchmarking.
- Ensure all aspects of UDB/DB2 database security control measures are correctly implemented with proper ongoing maintenance.
- Conduct periodic review and confirm of database accounts to meet audit requirements
Required Skills are:
- 7+ years as a Database Administrator preferably using UDB/DB2 database
- Hands on experience with UDB/DB2 on Unix/Linux platform
- Bachelor or graduate degree in field of computer science or engineering discipline.
- Experience in the analysis, design, development and implementing of major Database structures
- Significant experience in developing UDB/DB2applications and a strong understanding of UDB/DB2 tools
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technologies related to database systems; specifically the UDB/DB2 products
- Proficient with latest versions of SQL and all related database tools
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of working in Unix/Linux environment
- Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, database tuning